Summer Camps, Institute, and Private Lessons
These camps are open to participants from anywhere in the world. OMS does not offer lodging or meals, but is open to those who wish to attend. Students who have attended over the past 5 years have come from around Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, as well as from California, New York, New Jersey, Florida, Trinidad and Tobago, and the Virgin Islands.
REGISTRATION for the 2009 Summer Camps begins in December, 2008 through May 29, 2009, giving you 6 months to pay for the summer camps or for lessons.
2004-2008 summer day camps were held at OTTLEY MUSIC SCHOOL, 6525 Belcrest Road, Hyattsville, MD 20782 with wonderful results. Check the Gallery for photos
SUMMER 2009. All day camp/institute participants also learn to play the harp, African drums, steel drums. They study music theory, ear-training, and music history. At the end of each camp there is a recital or a concert. Summer participants are frequently given opportunity to perform in local events outside of the school. Registration and Payment for the camp and institute began in December 2008 and payments are completed by the end of June.
*Instrumental & Vocal 1-week Day Camp (beginners from age 7 through 18) June 29-July 3, 2009
* Instrumental 1-week Day Camp (late beginners to early intermediates) July 6-10, 2009
Registration and Tuition $35 + $165 first student in the family
$30 + $160 second student in the family
$25 + $155 ea. additional student(s) from the same family.
*Instrumental Day Institute, 2 weeks (Intermediate and Advanced) July 13-24, 2009
* Voice, Drama, Dance Day Institute, 2 weeks, July 27-Aug 7,2009
Registration & Tuition for both Institutes
$35 + $365 for the first student in the family,
$30 + $360 for the second, student in the same family
$25 + $355 for each additional in the same family
* African Drums 4 weeks Evening Camp, July 13-Aug 7 M&Th 6:30-8:00 pm
* Steel Drums weeks Evening Camp July 6-July 31, T& Th, 6:00-7:30 pm
* Jazz Ensemble, Sing/Play 4 weeks Evening Camp, M&W June 29-July 24, 6:00-7:30pm
* Pre-School Little Mozarts Class, 6 weeks T & Th 5:30-6:25 pm (ages 4-6)
*Pre-School Kindermusik 6 wks, (see website for schedule, ages 18 mos-4 yrs)
Registration & Tuition $35 + $300 for the first student in the family,
$30 + $300 for the first student in the family,
$25 + $295 for any additional student(s) in the same family.
Click on the registration form at the top of the Registration page.
Summer Private Lessons:
· You can choose to register for 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks or all 6 weeks
· $35.00 per 30-minute private lesson each instrument
· $52.50 per 45-minute private lesson each instrument
· $70.00 per 60-minute private lesson each instrument